Jesus showed us the importance of serving others with grace and love; therefore we can use our gifts and abilities to make a difference.
At Mountainview, we reach out in many ways, striving to serve the elderly, the helpless and the hungry. Join us in serving communities locally and around the world as an individual, with a LifeGroup, or as a family. Several opportunities have been provided to serve monthly or on a one time basis.
The "Square Mile of Denver" is a name we've given to a neighborhood loosely defined by the borders of Alameda to the north, Mississippi to the south, Federal to the east and Sheridan to the west. You can get involved with our Denver Square Mile team as we help provide housing, after-school and elderly care programs, supporting one of the most impoverished areas in the Denver Metro area. There are activities that occur periodically throughout the year, as well as weekly and monthly activities that you can just drop in on.
A short term mission trip is an incredible opportunity to serve and grow as you travel with a team of volunteers to make a difference in a new community. Whether in urban America, the Ukraine or Peru, there's a place for you to get involved in what God is doing through Mountainview.
Six Ways to Reach The World
- TAKE the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Course.
- VISIT Joshua Project and learn about people groups that interest you
- READ a Missionary Biography.
Read Biographies Online at The Traveling Team
Purchase Biographies from YWAM Publishing
- ATTEND Mountainview Movie Nights (More Information Comign Soon)
- JOIN or CREATE a Peru / Ukraine / Middle East /Westwood Interest Group
- ATTEND the National Missionary Convention in Atlanta on November 17-20 (Registration Coming Soon)
- REGISTER to receive prayer updates from our partners in Peru, Haiti, Ukraine, Middle East and North Africa by signing up for our Newsletter and selecting "OUTREACH"
- START a prayer group with friends and meet together to pray for mission partners or people groups
- PICK UP a copy of Operation World (a global prayer guide) and commit to pray for a different people group each day.
- JOIN in the National Day of Prayer for the PErsecuted Church on November 13 at Mountainview
- JOIN the Ukraine Team for a short-term misison trip.
- JOIN the Peru team for a short-term mission trip.
- HELP CANVAS Westwood for special events
- TAKE your family to Family Mission Christmas in Westwood for an overnight missions experience. More information coming soon.
- PRAY about a missions wroker God might want you to encourage. Create a local sending group. Consider sending care packages.
- ENCOURAGE a missions worker by email, Facebook, telephone or a Skype webcam call.
- SHARE a meal, your professional skills, a car or a guest room with a missions worker
- FINANCIALLY SUPPORT a missionary or project. Give online and select Harvest of Joy as your desired fund.
- PLAN a trip with your LifeGroup to visit missionaries where they serve
- SPONSOR a child through New Missions or Compassion International.